Skip to main content
Office of General Counsel

Personal Legal Resources

By law, the Office of General Counsel cannot provide legal advice or representation to individual members of the University community regarding matters against the University or of a personal nature, such as divorce, wills, or landlord tenant issues. If you need personal legal advice or representation, you may be able to obtain information and assistance from these organizations: 

University of Maryland, College Park, students may contact the Undergraduate Student Legal Aid Office at 301-314-7756.

University of Maryland, College Park, graduate students may contact the Graduate Legal Aid Office at 301-405-5807.

Lawyer Referral Services

Many counties in Maryland provide lawyer referral services for individuals looking for an attorney. The Maryland State Bar Association can guide you.